CB1000R durability. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Senior Member tucksie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    401
    Member #
    3654
    Liked
    36 times
    Thank you OC for the information/explanation. The coolant leak from the weep hole does appear to stop when the bike is in more regular use. It has only been a very small amount anyway and learning more about the situation has eased my concerns.
    Last edited by tucksie; 02-16-2020 at 06:50 AM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member PaulTuono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    353
    Member #
    152
    Liked
    14 times
    Mine is now doing its 12th winter and the finish has stood up well, I use ACF50 and the only corrosion has been on the brake calipers where I can’t apply it. In the last year or two I have had some flaking paint on the underside of subframe and the water pipe on the left side of the engine. Make sure you get a good covering of acf50 behind the radiator shrouds and as that area takes a lot of road spray.

  3. #23
    Senior Member COLVERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,857
    Member #
    1038
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTuono View Post
    Mine is now doing its 12th winter and the finish has stood up well, I use ACF50 and the only corrosion has been on the brake calipers where I can’t apply it. In the last year or two I have had some flaking paint on the underside of subframe and the water pipe on the left side of the engine. Make sure you get a good covering of acf50 behind the radiator shrouds and as that area takes a lot of road spray.
    Have you got the extension to the front mud guard fitted ??---Very handy to keep the spray off the engine.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Senior Member doser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    1,563
    Member #
    2725
    Liked
    244 times
    ^^^ yup! what he said...
    piling the mileage on...

  6. #25
    Senior Member Berty Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St Andrews . Bonnie Scotland.
    Posts
    1,424
    Member #
    1954
    Liked
    27 times
    Like Button haha... Dinna Be Silly Colvert that might allow Blade and Mr Nice back in,two guys who i have met,and are both spot on,then we might have interesting fun conversations and answers to most problems[Group was alive then] Deluth cannot spend his life answering everything Respect Deluth [Just saying]

  7. #26
    Senior Member Berty Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St Andrews . Bonnie Scotland.
    Posts
    1,424
    Member #
    1954
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tucksie View Post
    For those of you that ride all year in all weathers, does the CB show much wear and tear? I get a bit frustrated with the lack of riding this time of year but i’ve found road salt a bit of an issue back in the day. The cold i can cope with but i’m concerned about the winter weather and it’s affect on the bike. Be interested to know how others view the situation?
    Unless your Anal it will end up looking a mess.Follow what is said on previous comments and you will be ok.And you can put ACF50 on your calipers.Just don't slabber it everywhere 2011
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #27
    Senior Member COLVERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,857
    Member #
    1038
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty Boy View Post
    Like Button haha... Dinna Be Silly Colvert that might allow Blade and Mr Nice back in,two guys who i have met,and are both spot on,then we might have interesting fun conversations and answers to most problems[Group was alive then] Deluth cannot spend his life answering everything Respect Deluth [Just saying]
    BERTY; you're still alive and kicking !!!!---Ye Gods.---One of the few from long ago. Almost all of the mods have disappeared without trace.

    Dozens of them.----
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

  9. #28
    Senior Member Berty Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St Andrews . Bonnie Scotland.
    Posts
    1,424
    Member #
    1954
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    BERTY; you're still alive and kicking !!!!---Ye Gods.---One of the few from long ago. Almost all of the mods have disappeared without trace.

    Dozens of them.----
    Still hanging on to life Colvert Had a stroke but the big man spared me..Glad to see your still around,not many of the old members around,when it was a fun group,but serious if someone had a problem..Take Care Buddy

  10. #29
    Senior Member BigOne-94-14's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,957
    Member #
    3528
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty Boy View Post
    Still hanging on to life Colvert Had a stroke but the big man spared me..Glad to see your still around,not many of the old members around,when it was a fun group,but serious if someone had a problem..Take Care Buddy
    I was going to "like" this, but ...

  11. #30
    Senior Member Berty Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St Andrews . Bonnie Scotland.
    Posts
    1,424
    Member #
    1954
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    I was going to "like" this, but ...
    Could read your comment many ways BigOne...but...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •