2 times
    may you will buy something else in the future
    till that day enjoy the 4 wheeler

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Furygan View Post
    Dear Colvert,
    I've been here since 2011 so I know u well, especially living in Torbay, Do you ever come back to Teignmouth?
    I do understand your reasons, but i'm so sorry your calling it a day, I wish you all the best over there in the sunshine and
    take it easy!
    Thanks for your post.---We moved to France 20 years ago as you could buy a house at quarter the price you would have to pay in Britain.

Huge gardens and even barns. My barn was 10 metres by 7. The garden 3,000 square metres. Could park 50 cars in it.

However much too large at my age to look after it.---We did, however, keep a foot in both camps by buying a flat in Teignmouth to retire to when no longer mobile. The bike had to go as there was no place to garage it.-- Car parking costs £70 per month to park anywhere. ( If you can find a place. Lol. ) Now about to sell our French house and move back to Teignmouth. Maybe next year.-I am normally there once a year to visit family.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider.1127 View Post
    may you will buy something else in the future
    till that day enjoy the 4 wheeler
    Thanks for your post. Not likely to be a 2 wheeler. Maybe a small, easy to park, electric car.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Sorry to hear this....but also glad for you.
    You are from the generation that has experienced the ultimate in bikes.
    From here on in it's going to be electric....with zero emissions and noise.
    You've experienced the best....ALL HAIL MOTORCYCLES!!
    Well done dude.

Keep safe, and keep posting!
    My first bike had girder forks and no rear suspension so I've gone from just about the worst to one of the best with quite a few adventures in between.--( I forgot to say the first bike had a three speed gearbox with the gear change on the side of the tank !!! )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by COLVERT; 12-25-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Found another picture of my first bike from the gear lever side.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Interesting pictures of your first bike Colvert. I do hope you stay involved with the forum. Your experience and knowledge has been appreciated over the years

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    main point for me is are gonna read and write in the forum in the future , and i´m pretty sure i´m writing for all here ....

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    I've looked in nearly every day for the last ten years so I guess I'm not going to stop now, thanks.---
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    Just a change of style, but never good bye. Keep up the posts as young folks like myself at 67 need guidance and wisdom. Thanks for all you have inspired me to do my friend.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Colvert, I haven't had much input to the forum over the years but have dipped in from time to time to see what is going on. I have enjoyed your outlook on life and riding and your many comments on the forum.

Having suffered from Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) for many years now I fully understand your reasoning for hanging up your riding gear.

Last year I picked up a Harley VRod in Dubai and rode around the UAE and Oman for a week, for days after I could not get the feeling back in my hands. I'm not sure how long I will be able to keep on riding but I will only stop when I really can't do it any more and become a danger to others on the road.

Enjoy the four wheels and please keep on with your input to the forum, you have provided many classic quotes and jokes much to my amusement.

Q

Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    Thank you all very much Gents.--I will look in now and then to see how things are going.

The slight vibration through the bars was beginning to play hell with my fingers at distances over a hundred miles or so and taking the pleasure out of riding.

Colvert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links