Bike stops running
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Bike stops running

Hi guys

I had a issue previously and posted about a year ago which has sadly returned

What’s happening is when I’m riding the bike it’s fine on short journeys, on longer rides the bike stops without warning

What happens is you’ll be going along and bike running perfectly then you’ll go for the throttle and there will be nothing there the bike has died as such and won’t restart on the starter, now because the bike is freewheeling if you pull the clutch in and turn the bike off and on again it starts up normally and works for a bit and then rinse and repeat

When the bike stops the oil light does come on, in my previous post I thought and guys that read the forum that it was a mapping issue as I was running a custom map and a power commander 5, since then i have returned to the map made by dynojet on there site

I was chatting to someone the other day that’s had 3 x cb1000r’s and two had done this and there was a dirty connection or something that’s quite common but can’t really remember what he said

Just wondered if anyone else had this sort of issue or and suggestions as it’s getting a bit annoying now and quite dangerous

Thanks in advance

Member #
    If you type in the search bar

Bike cuts out, that will lead to the other forum I made a year ago

Many thanks

Member #
    Check battery voltage when it cuts out.
    Rec-reg or a plug associated with it may be failing from heat

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    If it was simply a dirty connection it would happen on short rides as well as long.

From what you say it does seem to be heat related. If your ignition light or oil light comes on there must be power in the system.

These sorts of faults are always hard to find. It sound like a poor connection that sometimes makes a connection from vibration as you start the engine on the move. Unfortunately, to check this, you are going to have to make and break as many plugs as you can find. A drop of WD 40 quite often helps in these situations.

Member #
    Thanks for your help so far guys...

After reading your comments do you think it could possibly be a poor connection from the power commander?

As this problem only started when I upgraded my power commander 3 to a power commander 5

Member #
    So I rode home today after work was quite hot around 26 degrees and the bike stopped three times the bikes temperature was around 80-103 at times

When it cuts out if you open the throttle it makes a sound like vrooommmm as if it’s trying to take something in even tho it’s cut out. The light that comes on is the low oil pressure light

Last year i got the bike serviced had the oil changed and put in a k&n oil filter not a standard one do u think that it’s possible the aftermarket oil filter could be the problem instead?

I’m thinking I could do a oil change and put a standard oil filter in to rule it out...

Member #
    It's definitely not the oil filter. ( As long as it is correctly specified for your bike. ). The noise you hear is induction roar as the engine will still be breathing in, even if it's not firing, while you are coasting in gear.

You have a component starting to fail due to overheating or a poor electrical connection somewhere.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseykev89 View Post

As this problem only started when I upgraded my power commander 3 to a power commander 5
    Here's your starting point....swap back to the PCIII

Member #
    Yeah I know I wish I would of kept my power commander 3 😢

Member #
    Just take the PC V off.
    It's a 20min job.
    Everything should just connect back up easily without it.
    Leave the power/trigger wires, just reconnect the multiblocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links