Anybody have thin paint issues on tank with rusting through?
    Member #

Anybody have thin paint issues on tank with rusting through?

I searched for this topic, but didnt find anything, so forgive if it's been discussed. I have a 13 u.s. model. I noticed on the front of the tank pressed and welded (I guess) together, there are a few small rust spots. It appears the paint may be thin in those areas. It's on both sides. I lifted the tank for pcv and autotune install and noticed it was under the tank also. I had planned on using a little ospho (rust converter), and then just touching it up, but now I wonder if I should have the tank painted. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    interesting! I too have a 2013 white, and while I was doing a recent install on my 4-way flasher switch, I noticed 'imminent' rust on the tabs on the underside of the tank. I'm gonna pull it and paint at least the full underside this winter off-season... NOT your typical Honda quality!
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    That is interesting, dose. You're right. Not what I expected. I'm not a huge fan of the white. I settled because the bike was mint and the price was more than fair. I've wanted to get it painted. Maybe this is the opportunity? Thanks for the reply. I'm heading out to do the first run on the bike since the pcv and autotune install. Hope she runs well.

Sponsored Links