Tell me of bluetooth helmet coms please....
    Member #

Tell me of bluetooth helmet coms please....

Looking at Sena and Scala...few Chinese ebay jobbies too.
    Fairly simple needs, just nav & phone.
    Don't require bike to bike (or group) or any of that stuff.
    Just reliable, easy to use, good battery life, unobtrusive.
    How hard can it be?
    Looked on youTube...there are videos that last over 45 mins...but tell you sod all...jeeezzzzzus.
    Anyone able to recommend?
    Cheers all....

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Sena stuff is great. Pairs with your phone easy for music and gps. Phone calls are quite amazing. No one can tell you are on a bike doing 80mph.

Don't knock the comms. Most riders I know locally have Sena and the ability to chat, warn of hazards, let people know it's safe to overtake ... is a revelation.

Most quality helmets have a dedicated space that you can slip the earphones into. Some people prefer earbuds, but I used the standard earphones plus earplugs. Sena is LOUD, and painful for me to use without earplugs. You can buy 3xtra headsets if you have multiple helmets, and just move the main unit between helmet mounts.

Other brands are better or worse. I only recommend Sena because 'everyone' here uses Sena.

Member #
    Second vote for Sena. It's great quality, works well and gets the job done. Can't compare to other brands but I usually am wary of most Chinese clones of various tech. You usually get what you pay for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Got to be honest I've had the Sena 20s and the Cardo Scala packtalk and the packtalk is by far the better option. It's fully waterproof for a start where none of the Senas are, the sound quality is better especially with the new JBL speakers and it integrates better with other units and not just Cardo ones. The mesh technology is a bit of a game changer.

Member #
    I have a Sena SMH10R, I originally fitted it a couple of years ago when a friend and I took a road trip to the Alps. It's been faultless. Great sound quality, easy to use and low profile. The battery life is plenty for a full 8 hours of riding being used constantly.

Sponsored Links