CB ride comfort

Thread: CB ride comfort

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

CB ride comfort

I've had my Current CB1000R for about 5 years now and I like the bike, it still looks current but its missing some things the new bikes have like traction control for example.

I've got a test ride booked for a 2019 CB1000R and an MT09 as well (in Canada the MT09 is over $4000 cheaper) and for fun I've also booked the CRF450L

Where I live is the definition on middle of no where.. small town about 30 km diameter and its 450km from nearest actual town/city. Theres a small hamlet as they call out on the outskirts of our town that's about 60km away and theres a really good burger joint there and that's or usual weekend evening ride.

I find my current CB gets uncomfortable after just a short 25 minutes of riding steady, it seems like you need an average body with extra long arms, the seat is also not the greatest, even if we are "racing" around the position is sporty but the seat is still uncomfortable. Its actually not much better than a full on sport bike.

What can I do to improve the comfort of my current CB, is the new CB more comfortable or not? If I'm not completely sold on it, I'll either buy the yammi or keep my current bike. So I need help to stay in the Honda family.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Member #
    Same here...30 mins and sore. Didn't have this issue with my CB 600. I recovered my seat and in the process bought a gell pack 20mm thick and fitted it into the sponge. Big improvement.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    My wife has a 2016 CB500, I ride hers time to time now since shes pregnant with our first. Other than the obvious lack of power that bike is a pleasure to ride, me and my old man who's got a hands VTX1300 rode 140kms and I had almost no cramping and enjoyed it, but of boy did I miss the 1 litre tuned power.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    I don't feel any difference between the old and new model. But I didn't find the old bike uncomfortable. I did 27k miles with many many 100+++ mile sessions. I'm a heavy guy, so I bring my own padding.

New bike has, if I remember right, the bars raised and moved towards the rider by around an inch. I think footpegs are similarly moved.

On the old model, lots of people get a gel insert for the seat.

Others raise the bars a little.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    If the new one has higher bars and closer to rider that will be perfect for me, I feel my arms are too short.

I'm also thinking on the old bike an aftermarket seat is mandatory, I just need to find one

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Adam, do you know the cycle-ergo site?
    https://cycle-ergo.com/
    it does not seem to have the new NSC CB1000R included, but your older CB and the MT09 are available. there's certainly less forward lean with the MT...
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    Adam, do you know the cycle-ergo site?
    https://cycle-ergo.com/
    it does not seem to have the new NSC CB1000R included, but your older CB and the MT09 are available. there's certainly less forward lean with the MT...
    Cool, no I never seen that before.

Talked on some other forms and found a guy that ridden the new CB and MT09, the MT09 is softer and noticeable less power too, it's also $4300 cheaper and still has traction control, ABS and LED lights

Member #
    the seat on the new bike is worse.
    my butt hurt after 40mins of riding.
    spun out '

Sponsored Links