Who's ridden new vs old? This dyno chart really makes the 1st gen look far superior.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times

Who's ridden new vs old? This dyno chart really makes the 1st gen look far superior.

My USDM 2012 CB1000R was never much of a monster, but the NSC looks to be weaker... nearly EVERYWHERE? Maybe after exhaust and PC it wakes up. Word around my group to those who've ridden it is the Throttle by Wire is very... upsetting. Shame, because I think it's a rather pretty bike.

Who's ridden the new one extensively and compare?

Name:  082118-2019-Honda-CB1000R-hp-torque-dyno.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  331.9 KB

Member #
    Can you say Euro4?

Mine has the full Akrapovic system, so I suspect a PowerCommander would fix that. Don't forget the gearing is lower on the new bike too for greater acceleration at legal speeds.

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    I'm sure bigone and ghostie will chime in... reading between the lines on some of bigone's comments, it sounded like the old model had better mid-range ( which is what it looks like, if you can believe the charts), and the new model had better top end.
    piling the mileage on...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Per my previous comments, the previous CB1000R feels much stronger everywhere below about 6k. This chart seems much more representative ... a far flatter torque curve with over 50 ft/pounds from just over 2000rpm.

Also the new CB feels even weaker at 2-4K than the above curve suggests, IMHO.

Name:  full  (1).jpg
Views: 181
Size:  97.3 KB
    Last edited by BigOne-94-14; 03-28-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Member #
    yeah, it seems to be designed to be soft at lower rpm to make it a more sedate bike at traffic speeds.

even though midrange is soft.. it will still pick up front wheel in 1st in traffic.. how much more do you need?

the throttle by wire is fantastic.. i think feels as connected, or moreso, than direct throttle connection. have never felt it to lag at all.
    compare that to the Triumph TBW... or kawasaki.. or...

Member #
    Definitely no lag. Picks the front wheel up without provocation in Standard mode...I'm happy with mine.

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    I think I'm happy with the philosophy ... softer at low revs. But i miss the instant acceleration everywhere in any gear. I don't ride around in 1st all day.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas View Post
    yeah, it seems to be designed to be soft at lower rpm to make it a more sedate bike at traffic speeds.

even though midrange is soft.. it will still pick up front wheel in 1st in traffic.. how much more do you need?

the throttle by wire is fantastic.. i think feels as connected, or moreso, than direct throttle connection. have never felt it to lag at all.
    compare that to the Triumph TBW... or kawasaki.. or...
    There's no way I'll be able to respond to this without sounding like an ass... but the previous model was more than smooth and sedate enough for me. Coming from a sportbike background, the CB always felt like a really well tuned 750 to me, if I closed my eyes. It was already pretty slow for a 1,000. I just don't see the advantage of the new one in any way, in regard to the engine/fueling.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    I don't ride around in 1st all day.
    Neither do i 🙂

The advantage to this sort of tuning, apart from the biggie of being able to sell to Euro4 markets.... Is that it broadens Hondas market to those that don't need or want the full litrebike experience...
    Ie, less experienced or capable riders that still want a good looking big bike?
    But with enough power up top to still be fun when you want to, and to grow into.

There are better more powerful naked litre bikes already, why would Honda try to go head to head with them?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MachRider View Post
    There's no way I'll be able to respond to this without sounding like an ass... but the previous model was more than smooth and sedate enough for me. Coming from a sportbike background, the CB always felt like a really well tuned 750 to me, if I closed my eyes. It was already pretty slow for a 1,000. I just don't see the advantage of the new one in any way, in regard to the engine/fueling.
    You don't sound like an ass, and you're not wrong 🙂

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links