Dianese X-ile glove wear pattern
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times

Dianese X-ile glove wear pattern

I've had these gloves for 4 years, so I suppose I should not complain, but fact is they didn't get worn that much... I have another pair I wear for most of my commuting and touring. The thin leather on the sides of the fingers is always gonna be the weak spot on a sport glove, and I suppose there is nothing to be done about it, eh? Looks to me like this is the result of the fingers rubbing against each other, and it's no surprise it's the left hand, cuz there's far more motion using the clutch with that hand than the right. But does anyone have any tricks for 'reinforcing' this area when the glove is new, so it'll withstand the use longer - the rest of both gloves is in excellent condition, so this is frustrating! (Maybe a light coating of some shoo-goo like substance?) Name:  20190323_152918 (2).jpg
Views: 85
Size:  69.0 KB
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Meh, I'd toss them. The last thing you need is hitting the road and having them shred on you ... it's just not worth it.

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    ^^ oh yah, I won't be wearing them again! it's just kinda a shame that virtually the entire glove is still in great condition, but the thin leather on the finger boxes has failed. on the other hand ( bad pun... ) I have a pair of Held Sparrows which are my main commuting / touring glove. I've got about 25,000 kms on them and they show NO signs of wear. no plastic or carbon; but cheap, simple, secure, impeccable materials and workmanship, and all-day comfortable. I might not even replace my sport gloves, altho I feel a bit better protected with a techier glove on track days and 'energetic' day rides...
    piling the mileage on...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    It happened to my previous gloves after 2 years of owning them. Only possible thing that may help is some sort of leather care? stop it from drying up and cracking? Only a suggestion which I haven;t tried.

Sponsored Links