Hugger attachment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Hugger attachment

I was cleaning bike today as I don't have a hugger yet and can't for the life of me see where it would bolt to..can someone send a picture.. sorry if I'm blind and thick

Member #
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  5.6 KB
    Depending on what type you buy...primarily it's 2 small bolts at the back of the swingarm next to the rear shocky in a recess. Then if it has a chain guard or not the bolts for the figment of that too. HTH.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyt998 View Post
    I was cleaning bike today as I don't have a hugger yet and can't for the life of me see where it would bolt to..can someone send a picture.. sorry if I'm blind and thick
    The left hand fixing on the side/front of the hugger. Two more on the opposite side below the chain guard.---- ( I'll try and find a pic of the opposite side )
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Left hand side fixings for Skidmarx hugger

Oooooooops. Forum INSERT IMAGE not working . Will try later.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Thanks fellas..I seen them but presumed it was to do with shock

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    here's a pretty clear photo I took when the metal support for my Skidmarx hugger failed. two 6mm hex bolts (iirc). you need them long enough to fully engage into the swingarm - the OEM 'filler' bolts are far too short. but if the are too long, the bottom end of the bolt will 'bang up against' the head of the transverse bolt securing the shock, so it may take a bit of adjustment ( cutting and filing ) to get to the optimum length. also that bolt hole tends to grime up, from its open bottom down by said shock bolt, so it can be useful to clean it with a tap, or a bolt and lots of oil, before doing the final installation. oh, and you need hand sizes like a six year old girl to manipulate the little buggers while holding the hugger in position, etc. fury... ( but you dare not cross-thread the thing! )

Name:  IMG_0028.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  2.22 MB

p.s. I suggest removing the rear wheel to give yourself working room... been there; done that...
    Last edited by doser; 03-20-2019 at 10:10 PM.
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    Left hand side fixings for Skidmarx hugger

Oooooooops. Forum INSERT IMAGE not working . Will try later.
    --Got it working.---
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    That's exactly what I was after..I seen those 2 bolts but thought they were to do with shock... shocked to find a new bike didn't come with a hugger

Member #
    Mine is an abs version..is there a different version for this as I can't see the brake lines

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyt998 View Post
    Mine is an abs version..is there a different version for this as I can't see the brake lines
    The brake lines on the bike in the pic are UNDER the hugger. You can just see them at the left and right.

On the ABS version I don't know, sorry.
    Personal Disclaimer:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links