Finally !!! got the new 2018 CB - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRSP2 View Post
    Really? I generally think most road riders run out of talent long before the standard CB1KR suspension runs out of capability.
    Yes, I must agree with you there. Watching some folk trying to corner fast with their body in the wrong place tends to catch your eye.

They think they are cornering fast because they can touch their knee down. However the bike its at an extreme angle but their body is vertical !!!

They are on the edge of the tyres and on the limit of their grip. If they leaned their bodies over the bike would be more upright and gripping the road better. This would give the rider the opportunity to actually increase speed without low-siding the bike on the road.

More speeeeeeeed---Less sparks.---Lol.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRSP2 View Post
    Really? I generally think most road riders run out of talent long before the standard CB1KR suspension runs out of capability.
    I'm a fat boy. Standard suspension on the current model bottoms out too easily on country roads and under heavy braking.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    Yes, I must agree with you there. Watching some folk trying to corner fast with their body in the wrong place tends to catch your eye.

They think they are cornering fast because they can touch their knee down. However the bike its at an extreme angle but their body is vertical !!!

They are on the edge of the tyres and on the limit of their grip. If they leaned their bodies over the bike would be more upright and gripping the road better. This would give the rider the opportunity to actually increase speed without low-siding the bike on the road.

More speeeeeeeed---Less sparks.---Lol.
    Totally agree. The number of riders you see leaning the bike while sitting up in the opposite direction never ceases to amaze me, it is so illogical. Winter riding demands even more use of body lean.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
    It would of been nice if the plus version offered some genuine (ie expensive) upgrades like the Triumph naked's do, the suspension being the biggest want from most of us.
    honestly, Hudson, the 'factory upgraded' suspensions that get offered by Triumph, Ducati, etc, are improvements, for sure, but they are not the full answer. bottom line, unless you lie within a narrow weight range, the spring rates still will not be ideal for you. better functionality, and more adjustability , yes; but 'the best' for you - you gotta go aftermarket for that...
    piling the mileage on...

JM1
    Member #
    If I'm truthful, I don't really agree that body position is critical for ROAD (not track) riding. The cost of hanging off is reduced bike control and less ability to deal with unforseen situations.
    Also, refer to any road race (e.g., IOM TT) and take a look at their lack of hanging off

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JM1 View Post
    If I'm truthful, I don't really agree that body position is critical for ROAD (not track) riding. The cost of hanging off is reduced bike control and less ability to deal with unforseen situations.
    Also, refer to any road race (e.g., IOM TT) and take a look at their lack of hanging off
    Evidence that using body weight reduces bike control? Interesting that the IAM teach it so clearly they don't think it does. My experience tends to indicate the opposite. Of course it depends on the degree of hanging off. We are hardly talking about knees and elbows down here.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JM1 View Post
    TT-------Race tracks are SMOOOOOOOTH. The IOM TT surface is ROUGH. Could be hanging off might lose you a knee cap.----OUCH !!!!
    Personal Disclaimer:
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Obviously road use is nowhere as extreme as track use. However just leaning your body to the side a little definitely makes turning into a corner much easier. The bike will start to do what you want with less input from your arms.
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    Anyway, getting back to the new CB1000R Neo Sports Cafe (!), ugh, what a dog IMHO.

If I had been thinking of trading in for it, which I wasn't, this wouldn't tempt me one bit

Member #
    don't worry, it will grow IN you....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links