Who's tracked their CB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Who's tracked their CB

Hi All,
    Looking forward to taking the CB out to the track this year for a couple of track days. The closest track for me is VIR (Virginia International Raceway) and the and would prefer the smaller Patriot course which is just over a mile longs. Who here has tracked their CB? Wondering what your experience with this bike. I've done a few trackdays with a couple ZX-6R's so wondering how this bike would perform against the super sports? While I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here just wondering how it would do.

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    I have a bunch of times.

Supersports only really hammer us when speeds get over 130mph. Superbikes, maybe over 110. If the track is relatively small with no mile-long straights, your bike should have no problem keeping up to quick B group.

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    If you are a heavier rider, you will find the suspension is not up to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    If you are a heavier rider, you will find the suspension is not up to it.
    200LBS rider +/- 10lbs depending on the season . I'm getting ready to rebuild the front forks should I put heavier springs in? Thanks for the reply!

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I ran my cb up to fast intermediate pace

Suspension is key. Im 220lbs i had a ohlins rear and the fronts redone with racetech parts. Evwn then ground clearance is a issues and you can actually drag the header.

The CB is alot of fun on the track. Its basicly a 600 with more grunt. However a good rider on even a 600 getting good drives will leave you on any strait .

The best part about the CB is learning to use its characteristics in your favor the get past people. It makes for a very fun track bike just dont go out there looking for lap times. Have fun and learn to push yourself.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RideRed; 02-13-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    the other posters have it totally correct. the CB is a really fun bike on the track altho sportbikes are better suited to 'the job'. and suspension mods are pretty necessary to justify full confidence in long corners and trail barking while tipping in, etc. but, just go do it - it's a heel of a lot of fun to use all the available power, and to brake as late as you dare, etc.

I was going to embed a little Vimeo video from Oregon Raceway Park, but I seem to not understand how to do so....

the url is:
    vimeo.com/116401240

p.s. the instructions on this site on how to embed a video do NOT work:
    https://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/g...how-embed.html

nor, it seems, does pasting in the 'embed' link from vimeo...

( is everyone else having just a wonderful day? )

btw, here's a try, linking to youtube:
    Last edited by doser; 02-18-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    My first ever track day with the CB1000R was wet, and so much fun!!! Dry later too.

https://youtu.be/UIEBx6RcpYE

https://youtu.be/UIEBx6RcpYE

Member #
    Nice work hit the apexes well. Finally figured out what the cones were on the sides of the track. What is the top MPH on these things?

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    I've seen 135mph with more to come, but not much. And I'm heavy. Smaller guys might get blown off the back at that speed :-(

On that track, best i saw on start/finish was 117. I was seeing 130 on my CBR1000 when I went back last year.

Thunderhill has a faster East circuit. I see 130 or so with the CB and chicken out at 150 on the CBR.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    I've seen 135mph with more to come, but not much. And I'm heavy. Smaller guys might get blown off the back at that speed :-(

On that track, best i saw on start/finish was 117. I was seeing 130 on my CBR1000 when I went back last year.

Thunderhill has a faster East circuit. I see 130 or so with the CB and chicken out at 150 on the CBR.
    Fastest I saw was 155 on my zx6 and that was fast enough. I can't even imagine 135 on my CB with no windscreen whatsoever. I'll stick with the smaller courses and keep it under that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links