CB tire wear? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CB tire wear?

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Someone just needs to make a very exaggerated tire with a sport touring center and extremely soft sides........I'd buy it

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RideRed View Post
    I'd like more mileage but I would be scared to do this with sport touring tires.....
    me too!

you're riding really hard, and understandably running thru tires quickly, so you've got the chance to experiment. slip on a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas. I don't think you'll find much different grip than the T20s, and my experience has been that they last a bit longer than Bridgestones. and they'll carry the bike right down to dragging the peg feelers on the track... I think generally Pirellis are amongst the most expensive tires on offer, but there's a reason for that!
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    me too!

you're riding really hard, and understandably running thru tires quickly, so you've got the chance to experiment. slip on a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas. I don't think you'll find much different grip than the T20s, and my experience has been that they last a bit longer than Bridgestones. and they'll carry the bike right down to dragging the peg feelers on the track... I think generally Pirellis are amongst the most expensive tires on offer, but there's a reason for that!
    I'm running Dunlop Q3s. I'd like to run the pirelli more to try the 180/60

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Does anyone run the Michelin PR2s/ 3s or 4s on the CB?
    I had the PR2s on a Triumph STR and they were great, swapped from B/stones to them and it was a totally different bike, the 3s and 4s are for those who ride in the wet as well but as i'm a dry weather biker i'll go for the PR2s when i can wear the BT016s i have on now (were fitted 500 miles ago before i bought bike)

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    A buddy on a fz1 that runs a compatible pace to me ran the PR4S and got 4000 miles out of the rear and switched back to the powers. He said the extra 1000 miles was not worth the lack of grip.

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DELuth View Post
    I ran a t30 on the rear with a S20 on the front trying to get more mileage and turned it into a drift machine which shortened the tire life that much more. I'm back to a S20 on the rear again and now it just hooks up and goes like stink!
    That's good to know - the first back to back comparison I've read - just about to renew a set in the next month or so ...

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    me too!

I was thinking about Q3s or the Diablo Corsas next go around. I hear nothing but great things about both of them. I'm done worrying about tire mileage on this bike, it's a lost cause unless you highway grind a lot like you, but it would be nice if the Pirellis get a few more miles than the S20.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I can't say anything bad about to q3s other than wear. I've had the rear move once and it's was all my fault. They stick like absolute glue. I did however high side my 1000rr on the older Q2s but that was in a light drizzle when I should have dialed it back with only 2 laps left.

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    The BT 15s on mine lasted 2500 rear and 5000 front. I couldn't complain about the front as it did the job properly but the rear wasn't very good cold and I had a few spin ups.

I then moved onto Michelin Pilot powers and these performed well at both ends. The first rear lasted 1200m to a puncture, the current one is getting near at about 6800m so around 3300m.

I'm sticking with these as at £145 pair fitted to loose wheels as I don't think anything else can offer me the grip/confidence at the price point. 3000 mile a rear tyre for me sounds ok and any cheaper or more a mileage tyre would spoil the fun.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I wouldn't be questioning 3000 miles out if the rear. It's the 1500 I'm not happy about

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links