all these new naked bikes, fast sport bikes, the CB gets no respect
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times

all these new naked bikes, fast sport bikes, the CB gets no respect

it's underpowered, it's detuned, and now that the tuono, s1000r, superduke 1290, etc are out and popular, the CB has gotten lost and does not even make the "naked bike comparison" group in the magazines anymore.

and i think that sucks. it's an awesome bike. yes it does not have the HP, but it does have the torque, and 99% of people who ride don't ride any bike to it's full potential; so while everyone is concerned with the spec sheet, i'll ride the bike that makes me smile and delivers on what it promises.

exhibit A for all you CB lovers. i was out at the track yesterday, and the poor little underpowered CB somehow was able to walk through the door that the exotic, expensive, fast italian sport bike left open for him. I think I can, I think I can, I know I can, I know I can.....

poor CB...NOT

thought this group would enjoy this sequence.

Name:  NIC_8678-Jun2814.JPG
Views: 756
Size:  309.6 KBName:  NIC_8679-Jun2814.JPG
Views: 796
Size:  281.8 KB

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Go on, show em what its made of

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    CB is a cracking bike and it's the torque you need out of the corners!!

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    The weather finally broke, so I just got in from a spirited 160 mile ride on back roads. I'm quite pleased with my CB and don't give a rats ass what some prima donna from some rag thinks or doesn't think about it, but I hear what you are saying. It's the "more is better" mentality.

Give 'em hell, rebobd! The other rider would have probably been glad to know that it was an Italian bike passing his Italian bike. Maybe it would have helped soften the blow that he just got passed by a Honda naked!
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I was there yesterday and was passing y'all on an old 600

I stopped tracking my CB when I started grinding down hard parts. That bike isn't the quickest at the track, but it kicks butt on the street.
    "Fixation is the way to death, fluidity is the way to life." — Miyamoto Musashi

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    I too am new to the CB and i do like it a lot, it suits my needs perfectly and although not the most HP potent that is never an issue on a naked bike whereby anything above 90mph is going to be an '' issue'', the only reason why Honda need to look at an upgrade is so the suspension etc can be improved upon to try and compete with the big boys that are now coming onto the market. If they do not (and i have said this before), the CB will lose market share when new buyers dismiss it totally...... but as an everyday bike, it as good as you can expect.

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KNSK View Post
    I was there yesterday and was passing y'all on an old 600

I stopped tracking my CB when I started grinding down hard parts. That bike isn't the quickest at the track, but it kicks butt on the street.
    oh man i remember that double apex when we all got bunched up, i took my hand off the throttle and just let everyone go, it's only my second time at fontana, i did not want to even try to get us all trying to fit into the second apex. good riding, you and that other guy in hte dianese suit almost collided it looked like when the rider raised his left hand to go off track. that looked cloooose!

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rebobd View Post
    oh man i remember that double apex when we all got bunched up, i took my hand off the throttle and just let everyone go, it's only my second time at fontana, i did not want to even try to get us all trying to fit into the second apex. good riding, you and that other guy in hte dianese suit almost collided it looked like when the rider raised his left hand to go off track. that looked cloooose!
    and nice candy cane strip moment, i had one of those yesterday as well, just relaxed the grip and hoped for the best :-)

Boyracer
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdeansmith View Post
    CB is a cracking bike and it's the torque you need out of the corners!!

Well try your theory whan you come up against a Tuono V4r cause then you will think,well that didn't work

Member #
    Liked
    1533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyracer View Post
    Well try your theory whan you come up against a Tuono V4r cause then you will think,well that didn't work

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links