Givi XS306 and XS307 Tanklock Bags - CB1000R Rear Seat Mod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Givi XS306 and XS307 Tanklock Bags - CB1000R Rear Seat Mod

So I recently bought two Givi tank lock bags and modified an extra rear seat to hold the 25L bag. Here's a pic and a Youtube video review.

Name:  Givi Rear Seat Mod CB1000R.jpg
Views: 16018
Size:  96.4 KB

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    The tank bag looks like its floating in fresh air, is it stable?

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Great insight. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Absolutely...the rear seat would have to come off to lose it. The rear is attached the same way the front tank bag is. I have one security strap on the front and two on the back but don't think I need any. It make it real easy when you get there or are going to just put the two bags on (or off) and click three straps and then your off. I suppose you were talking about the front bag looking like it was floating...doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
    The tank bag looks like its floating in fresh air, is it stable?
    Last edited by ClintRoberts; 10-30-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    337 times
    Yes I think the seat bag looks good but just thought the tank bag looked unsupported.
    Reason I commented was I am currently in the magnetic bag/ baglux dilemma so looking at a small unit for the tank. I do have the baglux cover but no bag so would consider other options before I splash any more cash.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    They have a smaller tank bag that is preformed and some older models that curve a little more with the tank...but the point is for it to not touch your tank or deal with a bunch of straps. Like I said I don't think I need the support strap as it does not flinch one bit over bumps or fast acceleration but it's just me being overkill. Especially with the front one being there between your elbows and knees. I do love the fact while approaching the bike I can just set it on top and it clicks in...no need to fasten multiple straps and or lengths on said straps....secure from the get go and to manage your helmet and key and gloves. And same thing when arriving. Just unclick and go.

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    nice work, Clint. nice clean video.
    btw, little known, but Givi is pronounced "gee-vee", not "give-eee". the name comes from the founder.
    here's a little history blurb from the Givi site:
    "Givi’s history began in 1978, thanks to the initiative of his founder, Mr. Giuseppe Visenzi.
    As a Moto GP pilot for a few seasons, he won third place in the 1969 Championship of the 350cc; after that, he decided to quit the world of races starting the activity of entrepreneur."
    also, did you reinforce the latch plate for the rear seat? postings on this site indicate some people suffering latch plate failure when carrying loads at the rear seat position.
    Last edited by doser; 11-01-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    also, did you reinforce the latch plate for the rear seat? postings on this site indicate some people suffering latch plate failure when carrying loads at the rear seat position.
    Hi Don

I've been using the Shad setup you kindly directed me to with the pillion seat replacement unit and the Shad40 cargo as a box...same as yours, and thus far I haven't had a problem with the rear latch. It seems strong enough for the job thus far without modification, and I carry a briefcase that weighs about 8 kg in it with no problems. I've also had a a significant amount of groceries in there including a few bottles of wine, 2 litres of milk....heavy stuff basically, and its been fine.
    I'm not so sure the rear latch plate does need strengthening, certainly not if within the weight limit of the box, and I know I've exceeded that more often than not and covered about 1,000 miles with it fitted. So far, so good.

All this just for info of course.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the heads up on the pronunciation...I cant recall the way it was pronounced on the reviews I watched.

I did not reinforce the latch on the rear seat. I did anchor the bag to the seat so if it all goes I suppose it goes. I'll play with it a little.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Additional

Quote Originally Posted by ClintRoberts View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the pronunciation...I cant recall the way it was pronounced on the reviews I watched.

I did not reinforce the latch on the rear seat. I did anchor the bag to the seat so if it all goes I suppose it goes. I'll play with it a little.
    Recently did an attachment under the seat that is a secondary securing point for the seat to the bike....don't think it would come off but now if the seat latch came loose it all would not get too far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links