Front Blinkers

Thread: Front Blinkers

Member #

Front Blinkers

Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying some Proton 500 LED front blinkers but they do not have CB1K specific lights, so my question is are the "blinker holes" the same as a CB1Krr or perhaps even a Grom? I have contacted HighTechSpeed, the supplier and they are checking with their R&D department on this but thought I would see if anyone here had knowledge about this issue..Oh yes, i'm also looking at an integrated tail light and was wondering if there is a lot of parts that must come off to install that?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I haven't confirmed, but I talked to TST Industries. I bought some blinkers and a relay from them for my Grom. While I was at it, I asked about CB1000R blinkers since I still have my stock front blinkers on and they said the blinkers I bought for the Grom will fit the CB too. I never got around to ordering and confirming this though. Working on Grom, everything is easy. Working on CB, everything is a PIA lol. They LOOK like they'll fit right in the CB hole though.
    2014 CB1000R
    2015 Grom

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
    I haven't confirmed, but I talked to TST Industries. I bought some blinkers and a relay from them for my Grom. While I was at it, I asked about CB1000R blinkers since I still have my stock front blinkers on and they said the blinkers I bought for the Grom will fit the CB too. I never got around to ordering and confirming this though. Working on Grom, everything is easy. Working on CB, everything is a PIA lol. They LOOK like they'll fit right in the CB hole though.
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking the same thing about the Grom blinkers too and i'm going to see if it works in the next couple of days.. I have an extra set of led blinkers for the Grom so I will try them out...You are right, Grom easy, CB PIA! If they fit i'm going to order the Proton because they have the running light also...Very bright and from what i've seen and read the OEM flasher will work with it too.....If I get rear integrated tail light that's a different story and will need new led flasher..

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Can some tell me how to get the from blinkers off easily???? I saw a thread about this but I can't find it..

Member #
    Never mind I found it and removed headlight. BUT is there a trick to get to the harness?????

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
    Hey bud, you are correct about the Grom flush mount blinkers working. I'm going to order the Proton 500 led's and see how it looks If I can figure out how to get the harness out enough to unhook and get OEM blinkers out of the hole.....I got them out enough to check fit.....

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Nice, good to know! I'm going to order the same blinkers I have on my Grom for the CB then.

Told ya working on the CB is a PIA haha. Everything is a pain to get to
    2014 CB1000R
    2015 Grom

Member #
    I got my Grom LEDs from TST also so they should work for you.. I just have to figure out how to get the freaking front headlight assembly off...I took the two lower screws out and lifted it up but I cant figure out how to disconnect the harness....I will have to take another look at it when I get my new flush mount blinkers...Any help from you guys on how to get it off so I can get it to my work bench to put new blinkers on would be appreciated.. Oh, does anyone know about a 3 Pin Turn Signal Wire Adapters Plugs?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey Steve, I highly recommend getting the service manual for the CB. It has invaluable information about the way the bike is put together. It seems like you are a guy who is going to be doing multiple "improvements" (like I did). The manual will save you time and angst.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cutandrun View Post
    Hey Steve, I highly recommend getting the service manual for the CB. It has invaluable information about the way the bike is put together. It seems like you are a guy who is going to be doing multiple "improvements" (like I did). The manual will save you time and angst.
    I agree, and will look into getting one...

Sponsored Links