Steve's CB1000R - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steve's CB1000R

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MachRider View Post
    Civic Si in the background!

I have a 2011 Civic Si in the same color. My CB and Civic are my two dailies!
    The Civic Si is my sons car...Not bad for his first car...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    AWESOME---------------------------------------------However try very hard not to forget what they are there for.

They are to let the half blind driver of the two ton box behind you know what your intensions are.

If he can't see your indicators, as an early warning that you are slowing down to turn, then your chances of survival are GREATLY reduced.

Your bike will not look quite as pretty as you'd hoped when it's wedged under the front of a car.---

Good, clear and easy to see indicators have a considerable bearing on the length of your biking years. ---

Those Flush Fitting jobbies are best left as decorations on your garage wall.-----
    The Proton 500 flush mounts are BLINDING!!!! Much brighter than OEM...If you can't see me your blind.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Steve View Post
    The Proton 500 flush mounts are BLINDING!!!! Much brighter than OEM...If you can't see me your blind.
    I'm not arguing with you but----------------------------Have you noticed that nearly all bike accidents are caused by drivers pulling out of a side road into the path of an oncoming bike rider who has his HEADLIGHT on ??? ( Sorry mate, I just didn't see you. )

Like I said in my previous post there are lots of half blind drivers in two ton boxes out to get you.

I guess all we can do really, as bikers, is assume everybody is out to get you and ride accordingly.

With an indicator that is blinding is the problem that the numpty driving the car coming up behind you won't know, 'with close set indicators', which way you are going to turn.-----

He decides you are turning left ( in Britain. ) so pulls out to pass you and then you turn right !!!!!!!!!!

Take care---and get there.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Good, clear and easy to see indicators have a considerable bearing on the length of your biking years. ---

Those Flush Fitting jobbies are best left as decorations on your garage wall.-----
    I dunno. I had an integrated taillight on the SV650, and it was certainly not difficult to see the indicators on that when they switched on. Admittedly, though, that was a big unit, bigger than the CB's.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikasam View Post
    I dunno. I had an integrated taillight on the SV650, and it was certainly not difficult to see the indicators on that when they switched on. Admittedly, though, that was a big unit, bigger than the CB's.
    I expect you have good eyesight too.

If you wear glasses then splash some water on them to represent a car windscreen. Walk 50 paces away from your bike with the indicators flashing. Squint your eyes and then tell us what you see and is the flasher saying left or right ??

This will give you a rough idea of what you are up against.---

I'm really not trying to be controversial, just factual. It's surprising how many car drivers there are out there that actually need glasses but have never had their eyes tested.

You can spot them very easily at times if they are trying to read a newspaper and they have to hold it at arms length.

You might even have friends that you seen doing this and I bet they drive car too.--
    Personal Disclaimer:
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Do you guys not have to pass an eyesight test when you renew your licence? We do here, they have the test machines in the registry offices.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Nope, there are people whom are near blind driving in the UK. It is up to us to tell the driver and vehicle licence agency should we have a change in our medical conditions. Scary ain't it.

Member #
    I try my best to watch out for all the dumb drivers and put myself in a position to escape in a emergency...Oh, I did get my flush mount front turn signals and integrated tail light in over the weekend but have not taken pics yet..The weather has been bad all week so I've not been able to get the CB out for a ride.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    If in doubt and at night I sometimes stick my arm out too.

My gloves have reflectors on them so maybe that might help a bit too.

Just Assume, as I do, that they are all out to get you and ride accordingly.

I've now managed SIXTY THREE years on the road with what must be in a couple of million miles behind me and I've never been in an accident with anybody else. ( cars and bikes )

PS. I have fallen off five times on ice or gravel and ended up with cracked ribs and a broken thumb.

However that was all down to me.

All I'm really saying is be careful out there. Live a long and happy life.
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    If in doubt and at night I sometimes stick my arm out too.

My gloves have reflectors on them so maybe that might help a bit too.

Just Assume, as I do, that they are all out to get you and ride accordingly.

I've now managed SIXTY THREE years on the road with what must be in a couple of million miles behind me and I've never been in an accident with anybody else. ( cars and bikes )

PS. I have fallen off five times on ice or gravel and ended up with cracked ribs and a broken thumb.

However that was all down to me.

All I'm really saying is be careful out there. Live a long and happy life.
    I use my arms and hands to!!! It sure will get drivers attention...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links