Steve's CB1000R - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve's CB1000R

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    85? That's just cruising B-)
    lol, I agree, that is just cruising....I do take my CB to 110 mph daily (sometime more) when I take a big sweeping overpass to work....

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Steve View Post
    That is bad to the bone!!! I just don't have the skills to fab the bracket up.....
    If you made it out of aluminium you would be surprised how easy it is to cut and make the shape you want.

Plus it's light in weight and won't rust.

Same as anything in life. You don't know unless you try.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Steve View Post
    lol, I agree, that is just cruising....I do take my CB to 110 mph daily (sometime more) when I take a big sweeping overpass to work....
    Then one day they'll fit a radar camera to the overpass and you can wave GOODBYE------------------------------------to your license.-

I used to do the speed thing a couple of years ago. Only doing 178 !!!!!!--Had to spend the next 6 months walking everywhere.---

The "up" side was I got quite fit.--
    Personal Disclaimer:
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    If you made it out of aluminium you would be surprised how easy it is to cut and make the shape you want.

Plus it's light in weight and won't rust.

Same as anything in life. You don't know unless you try.
    Good point and I going to look into it...Motivating my lazy butt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
    Then one day they'll fit a radar camera to the overpass and you can wave GOODBYE------------------------------------to your license.-

I used to do the speed thing a couple of years ago. Only doing 178 !!!!!!--Had to spend the next 6 months walking everywhere.---

The "up" side was I got quite fit.--
    LOL, I need to walk more too....It would suck getting caught.....Oh well, it is what it is.......My Yoshimura R77D and Power Commander V will be in next Wednesday so more stuff for the CB1K!

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Colvert .......178, with 2 gears to go? ....was that concord? no just Colvert going to the co op for some milk!
    Watch out for them tractors!

Member #
    Got my Yoshimura exhaust and power commander V on today!!! It was 16 degrees this morning for my ride to my favorite Honda dealer but not to bad...The ride home was warmer but still a good ride.

Member #
    I ordered some Proton 500 flush mount blinkers, LED flasher, and a integrated tail light today and it should be in for this weekend to install......I also went by my Honda shop today and they broke out the service manual and showed me what I need to get the front headlight off and how to get the "dust cover" off to access the wiring harness.....After looking at manual it should be an easy install! I hope I didn't beat ya'll down to much with all the questions...

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Integrated tail lights are awesome. Please post pics, I'd love to see how that looks.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Civic Si in the background!

I have a 2011 Civic Si in the same color. My CB and Civic are my two dailies!

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikasam View Post
    Integrated tail lights are awesome. Please post pics, I'd love to see how that looks.
    AWESOME---------------------------------------------However try very hard not to forget what they are there for.

They are to let the half blind driver of the two ton box behind you know what your intensions are.

If he can't see your indicators, as an early warning that you are slowing down to turn, then your chances of survival are GREATLY reduced.

Your bike will not look quite as pretty as you'd hoped when it's wedged under the front of a car.---

Good, clear and easy to see indicators have a considerable bearing on the length of your biking years. ---

Those Flush Fitting jobbies are best left as decorations on your garage wall.-----
    Personal Disclaimer:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links