Cbr1000rr Stick coils
wilbers rear shock (+6 mm longer)
14 vfr 1200f front forks
nissin six pot radial calipers
320 mm front rotors (12.5 offset)
11 vfr 800 rear wheel
12 cb1300 abs front wheel
silicon cooling hoses in black
nissin brake and radial master (kawasaki 1400 oem unit) with rizoma res.
trw rearset with rizoma res.
changed few screws with black alu from probolt
rizoma mirrors (fitted with two oem bracket from clutch side)
garmin zumo navi (i have one in all my bikes)
black painted rear footstep
bodystyle bellypan and rear hugger
scottoiler E version
healtech speedohealer and Gipro
shifholder from gilles tooling
tailtidy and 4 signals

sure i forgot something

so next step , let see how will look with those wheels:thumbup

See less See more
#3 ·
pics ? bikes still inside in the kitchen/snow outside :cry

will put to fine tune on dyno in feb-mar. as bike was 0 km when i did all , so i started with pc map and refine with autotune (also have feeling is far from be perfect)

#5 ·
just the two master cylinder (most also the brake unit for aspect/color) , but i already have an idea how to keep abs , fitting radial calipers , without blank the brake line for save the cbs system

Auto part Technology Automotive lighting Vehicle

Auto part Technology Vehicle

#7 ·
actually i bought all the spares after coz mine is a 2014 model registered in 2015

#8 ·
wheels are here with some are bling
Auto part Exhaust manifold Pipe

#9 · (Edited)
Some questions:

What's the front wheel off of? I've tried finding fronts to match my VFR rear and nothing fit. Yours looks like an SP-2 front? Guess you'd need a different axle? Interested in seeing how you've fit it and what's required! Here's my 8 spoke rear with ugly 4 spoke front:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim

Also, the CBR1000RR camshaft hasn't been a good swap in the past, have you found something out? Those are cams designed for a downdraft, dual injection set up reaching almost 14,000 RPM's. I can't imagine they'd be much of an upgrade at all for this bike considering its tuning and design. The CB's design is limited by packaging and I haven't seen a successful RR parts swap done before.

I'm by no means saying it won't or can't, just from previous experience reading up on this it wasn't worth it. If you have some secrets I'd like to know :)

#10 ·
i used hrc endurance cams (cores with regrind) sure U will lost some low range ponies

But may u mistake : cbr1000rr at 14000 ?
hrc ecu is limited to 13500 (with cams, spring valves) and is quite the higher point b4 U split all on an middly tuned engine from this years
those engines came with 12400 limiter (fuel cut) on 04-05 and for 06-07 bit higher
some wsbk full hrc engine got a 500-750 rpm bonus (but was not part of commercial hrc kit)

i decided to get 1000 rpm extension limiter from the pc5 btw
used hrc core cause more lift

U re lucky was searching like crazy a rear wheel like yours!!! than i bought this two....
but we can exchange them :D
or u can match your rear one with front one out of a vtr sp1
(need new spacers and new bearing, sealing , middle spacer)
folow rules for cbr1000rr 04-07 conversion as front wheel are the same :respekt

Rvt100r RC51 Wheel Swap info - Page 11 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

HONDA VTR SP1 RC51 RVT1000R 2000 2001 00 01 FRONT WHEEL RIM FELGE VORDERRAD | eBay

#12 ·
I believed the issue with CBR cams in the CB is also valve stroke length. The CBR has much higher cam lift and the CB springs are not designed to accept this length. Again, this is only what I've heard and have never actually put parts on a bike to verify myself.

That post on the CBR forum says the guy eventually abandoned the idea after realizing the rotors are off by a few MM and were rubbing. i hope you read on and realize it's much more than the one page you sent me:

"Conclusion, Not worth it...
I have a buddy who can machine and what not...but if you look inside the wheel, there isnt much room for machining.

and the stock RC rotors are ugly and twice the weight of the 1000 rotors.

I picked the RC wheels up with the rotors attached and it was heavy as hell.

Final Note: Ditch the idea, sell the wheels for good money and save up for 2012 wheels when they pop up on ebay, which will still be cheaper than 1500 aftermarkets."

Ok. I have gone way too far to dismiss this mod. Hopefully, with everyone's help, we will be able to find a resolution to this.

Based on YZFRZONE's measurements of:

RC51 wheel with RC51 rotors (Rotor-to-Rotor Distance): 5-19/32"
08 1000RR Wheel with 1000RR rotors (Rotor-to-Rotor Distance): 5-14/32"
RC51 and 1000RR rotors having the same height of 12.5mm

The difference is 5/32" = 3.96875mm = 2 x 1.984375mm

Therefore, I am going to have my RC51 wheels machined by 1.984375mm on each side. Here is a diagram that I have made.

#11 · (Edited)
forgot my front wheel is out of a cb1300 abs , same size for bearings and so on , no trouble fitting abs phonic wheel as threads are already cut , may need new spacers
quite a 1-1 swap

just realized u are from US , may not so easy find a cb1300 wheel ... shit

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
valve springs on cb1000r are the same on cbr1000rr 04-05 ,(even same spare part number...)

i linked to U to the wrong thread , sorry ( i was refer to cbr1000rr 04-07 not the 08>)
Do RC51 wheels fit 1000rr?? - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

sp1 wheels are heavy compared to cbr 1k wheels (sp2 bit lighter), not compared to cb wheels ....
(but it s even not my problem cause i got a cb1300)

rotor height? you mean offset

we can talk about also cbr1k wheels swap , but may that s not the right thread
u can see here my orange wheels b4 the pvm :p

08 Front End Swap? - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

sometimes on forums is difficult to me understand other members
may cause bikes are my job/life (working even for honda now ), so what is for me natural may for others is not..... :thumbup

#14 · (Edited)
valve springs on cb1000r are the same on cbr1000rr 04-05 ,(even same spare part number...)

i linked to U to the wrong thread , sorry ( i was refer to cbr1000rr 04-07 not the 08>)
Do RC51 wheels fit 1000rr?? - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

sp1 wheels are heavy compared to cbr 1k wheels (sp2 bit lighter), not compared to cb wheels ....
(but it s even not my problem cause i got a cb1300)

rotor height? you mean offset ....

we can talk about also cbr1k wheels swap , but may that s not the right thread
u can see here my orange wheels b4 the pvm :p

08 Front End Swap? - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

sometimes on forums is difficult to me understand other members
may cause bikes are my job/life (i m even working for honda now) so what is for me natural may for others is not..... :thumbup
I too work for Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)

Hello buddy!

I see the valve springs are the same, so maybe you're on to something. I figured with only 1 stage injectors and side-draft intake that the design would still be very different. I am interested to hear what your bike feels like after the shaft then!

Here's the thread where someone else put a CBR (2007 though) camshaft into a CB: http://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/...rched-pulled-trigger-different-camshafts.html

I own a 2006 RC51 and hve never tried to measure anything. I also own a 2007 CBR600RR and I know those rotors are exactly the same!
I'll do some research of my own, I would love SP2 wheels on my RC. My parts list them as 4lbs lighter!!

#15 ·
Forgot to say , also running schnitz racing injectors

06-07 cbr1k got double springs for avoid issue an high rev
that s tell me the single on older version were maybe already to the limit ... that s why i decided to stay under 12000 with oem pistons (not worked deck) on the cb
i hope to reach 150 hp
bike with same setup/head work of mine did so:

Text Line Slope Plot Design

#17 ·
I already fitted the dynojet module but did not went that far , bit early till 6500 rpm than quite oem curve

#18 ·
Actually there is a cb1300 wheel for 250$ on eBay.com (New York area)😈

#20 ·
U mean web epc? in Honda maris?
Text Line Font Diagram Parallel

Is quite a direct swap (may need new spacers for front axle)
as, if they "design" is like the sp2 wheel
the size of the bearing / seals is the same (bearing 20X45X12 91052-MBW-E11 , seal 28X47.2X7 91252-MC4-013)
spacing between discs faces is also equal ( 133.6 mm +/- 0.2)

(and in my case i have the place to fit the phonic wheel for abs , than sp1-and sp2 had not )

#22 ·
U mean web epc? in Honda maris?
View attachment 24789

Is quite a direct swap (may need new spacers for front axle)
as, if they "design" is like the sp2 wheel
the size of the bearing / seals is the same (bearing 20X45X12 91052-MBW-E11 , seal 28X47.2X7 91252-MC4-013)
spacing between discs faces is also equal ( 133.6 mm +/- 0.2)

(and in my case i have the place to fit the phonic wheel for abs , than sp1-and sp2 had not )
I just looked up the catalog against my US catalog for my CB1000R. Looks like the axle is indeed the same as well as the distance collar!

You can confirm that the brake rotors have the same offset and diameter? If so, I will probably buy this wheel and get some spacers!!! Finally a wheel that's a direct replacement!

Text Line Font Parallel Screenshot

#21 · (Edited)
order today as well a trioval double exit

Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Auto part Vehicle Muffler

#23 ·
BRAKING | Power Under Control
yes already have on the 1300 other cb1000 rotors for check/measure
as i told U may need two new spacers on axle

glad to help you finally !!!:thumbup

#25 ·
Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Rim Automotive tire

the only one i found in ebay US is that one on the link (is also the cheapest one)
in Germany and UK ebay also few (quite expensive)

#26 · (Edited)
Yeah I see that one too. $250 bid + $145 shipping isn't too bad, especially since it's the right color.

I'm trying to see if we have connections to parts in the UK where i can hopefully find one to close to cost.

By the way Ghosty you might be interested to see this guy who put VFR800 wheels on his CB. Looks good to me! I think he's a fellow forum member.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

#27 ·
Sound strange to me , no one in the forum before did such an easy swap
Or better , reading around , i read few members here were really into cb1000 and all what is about

#29 ·
found vfr800 2015 used wheels too for 850 euro
but:
rear wheel axle 42300-MJM-D00 481.62 euro
rear disc 43251-MJM-D00 285.59 euro
abs phonic wheel 42515-MJM-D10 217.76 euro
two disc not oem in front 500 euro +/-
front pulser wheel 44515-MJM-D10 68 euro
two new spacers in front , few screws and the swap is done

still in my mind to much money .....
also thinking ,will get a wheel kit from carrozzeria for 2500 us coins....

last and not least

sure this adapter for rear ducati wheel "big hole" can be done :rolleyes:

#30 ·
update bought new forks for my experiment :
gonna try to mount radial calipers on my abs version without blank off the cbs function
i had just one opportunity for that , already bought same forks (in us) but they were so damaged , than i cannot really take out something good

wish me good luck
:thumbup

#31 ·
hopefully next week them will arrive
Auto part

Auto part Vehicle

Auto part Vehicle Family car

#33 ·
i want keep the CBS cause german TUV
so need radial front caliper with cbs system
the only bike in the world with that is a vfr 1200f
with six pot calipers , different spacing that s why i need also the forks
on right side 6 pot are moved from front master cylinder
on left 4 pot from front and 2 from rear
that s let me have the cbs working again

(first issue cb1k triple clamp are 50-55
this fork is 50-54 and work with 320 mm rotors)

Auto part Tire Wheel Disc brake Automotive tire

Auto part Disc brake Brake Wheel Tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.