Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light Group Buy
    Member #

CB1R Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light Group Buy

I know I'm new to this site, but I wanted to put this out here to see how many people would be interested in getting this tail light manufactured for our CB1000Rs. As you can see in the title it is for the Blaster-X tail light by Custom LED in the United States. I had this tail light for my 919 and loved it. It was highly visible and has a lot of great features. My favorite is that the board has a built in brake light strobe feature when the brakes are applied without having to install a light modulator that takes up even more room. Here is a link to the website for everyone to look through and see if they would be interested:
    https://www.customled.com/pages/cust...le-tail-lights

I have already talked to Custom LED and got some of the required numbers for the group by:
    - $140 per tail light
    - Need a 35 order minimum (I might be able to talk this number down if Honda announces a 2017 CB1R release date as long as Honda doesn't redesign the tail light)
    - Estimated timeframe for manufacture after order minimum is reached is 6 months. This could swing as early as 3 months or as late as 9 months
    - As far as pre-order: they would prefer doing it through their site, but any refunds 60 days after the order is placed would result in a mailed check. I need to find out for sure about the credit processing fees.
    A KickStarter would be possible if everyone felt more comfortable as all refunds would go through KS, but with the fees they charge it might add more to the minimum order or possibly drive the cost up.
    - They are not road legal lights (in the states this is due to the integrated turn signal function), but they do use the correct wavelength for the turn signal colors.
    - They ship international with three options (GXG is no longer an option, but is still listed on their shipping FAQ). You can try throwing the new Ducati Mutisrada tail light into a cart on the website to ballpark
    your shipping costs. Here is their shipping FAQ page: https://www.customled.com/pages/shipping-methods

I have been part of a few group buys. I've seen them go good and bad, and this is the first one I have hosted. If we reach the minimum orders, they will update their site with a CB1R option and post up progress pics throughout the manufacture process their. I plan to update this throughout the process as well. I tried to get ahead of as many questions I could think of and thank you mel b for reminding about the street legality subject. I'll keep track of those planning to preorder below.

Here is their YouTube page:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/customled

Plan to buy: 1
    919toCB1R;
    Last edited by 919toCB1R; 02-17-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Member #
    Cool idea, but not for me thanks, illegal in U.K. (Probably) besides I'm pushing my luck with slightly smaller plate and unbaffled (and loud) Yoshi R77

Member #
    I talked to Jon at Custom Led about doing a tail light for my sons new 2017 CBR500r and he ask me to post on CBR500r forums and so far i've had no luck..He stated that initial cost go $4K to 6K and that they would need a lot of orders to make it worth their time.. I have a Motodynamic on my CB1K now so ordering another would not benefit me, but Custom Led does make awesome products..

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by The Analogkid View Post
    Cool idea, but not for me thanks, illegal in U.K. (Probably) besides I'm pushing my luck with slightly smaller plate and unbaffled (and loud) Yoshi R77
    Can't blame you there. I wasn't sure how tight they were on non approved mods there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Steve View Post
    I talked to Jon at Custom Led about doing a tail light for my sons new 2017 CBR500r and he ask me to post on CBR500r forums and so far i've had no luck..He stated that initial cost go $4K to 6K and that they would need a lot of orders to make it worth their time.. I have a Motodynamic on my CB1K now so ordering another would not benefit me, but Custom Led does make awesome products..
    Yep. Exactly what he told me. He looked at the parts diagram and said it doesn't look too complicated. Nothing like the Multistrada light they just did. How do you like the Motodynamic? I've never seen them before so it's over to Google for me.

Member #
    I like my Motodynamic light and so far i've had no problems with it. However, if Custom Led would of had one for the CB1K I would have bought from them.. I need to post pics of all the new stuff I did over the last couple of weeks to my bike.

Member #
    How is the bright is that one compared to stock? I was looking at them online. I like the fact the you can turn the sequential programming for the turn signals off. The only thing it's missing is the strobe function.

Member #
    It is very bright and I have the stop strobe function turned on with mine..It really cleans the tail up on the bike.. I will take some pics when I get home this evening.. I usually ride to work but this morning it was foggy with mist and I did not want to dirty my girl up..I also run the proton 500 front flush mount on the front and love the look! Pics to follow..

Sponsored Links