Changing front pads abs.
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times

Changing front pads abs.

Done a search on here and utube , anywhere can I get instructions how to change front brake pads on abs bike any info much appreciated.
    I lIKE ALL POSTS AND PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM I DONT NEED A BUTTON.

Mud
    Member #
    Any generic guide should be adequate - just loosen the guide pin, then remove the caliper with two bolts, and finally remove the guide pin completely. The pads will then fall out, and there's a spring clip in there to remove. When you're cleaning the pistons (1500 grit paper on corrosion), remember the middle pistons are linked to the foot brake. Do one side at a time. New guide pins is likely good idea. I don't mean to sound glib, but a guide video will be more comprehensive, especially if you've got complications like stuck pistons

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    as Mud says, not complicated. one extra thing to mention is that the new, thicker pads will force the pistons back some, so (a ) clean the pistons before you push them in, to preserve the seals, and ( b) loosen or remove the brake fluid reservoir cap, and watch the level. you may have to extract a bit of fluid. the foot pedal drives only the centre piston on the right caliper, so remember to 'work' that too.

btw, while you have the system open, refresh the fluid. once all the new bits are in place, use the lever and the bleed screw ( with a tube and collection bottle ) to pump the old fluid out, replacing with fresh fluid. once a couple hundred mls have been collected, top up, close up, PUMP THE PADS BACK OUT, and go for a ride.
    piling the mileage on...

Sponsored Links