Chain adjuster is stuck! help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Chain adjuster is stuck! help

Hey guys! im new to the site and have had my cb for about a week. its a 2009 i will post pictures soon.

I wanted to see if you guys can help with a question, I can't adjust the chain because the round piece wont move at all... I had to cut off a link of the chain to be able to adjust it. how can i fix this? and do you guys know where I can buy that part? the previous owner went all viking on it and its pretty mangled. thanks in advanced for any advise you can give!

Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Don't take this the wrong way but - did you release the 17mm clamp/pinch bolt first ???

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mel b View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but - did you release the 17mm clamp/pinch bolt first ???
    oh no worries bro, thank you for helping me! yeap i followed the instructions and also took it to a friend who is a mechanic, he was the one that helped remove a link from the chain to fix it while i fix that part, the previous owner clearly had the same issue cause he butchered it with a screw drivar and hammer lol. do you think i might have to take the whole thing apart and lub it up? either way i think i'm gonna need to replace that part, if you know where i can find it or if anyone knows the part number i would really appreciate it! i just got the bike and cant stop thinking about that... i feel the chain is gonna go flying any second lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Looks like #6 on the attached link - don't know how much of it you would need to replace !!

Honda Motorcycle Parts 2012 CB1000R AC REAR WHEEL Diagram

Good luck pal

Member #
    Thank you bro! Here in my country the dealer is trying to charge me like $600 for it!!! Can you believe the nerveee!!!

Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Your welcome - hope it doesn't cost you too much to sort

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mel b View Post
    Your welcome - hope it doesn't cost you too much to sort
    with the link you gave me plus shipping it shouldnt go over 250 so you saved my more then half!

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    I'll throw my $0.02 here...

I, for one, had been adjusting my chain first with and adjustable spanner for a few years. Then I noticed it became harder to move and I had to move to a screw driver and deadblow.

I ended up buying the CORRECT spanner from the tool kit and found it moved RIDICULOUSLY easily after that. A combination of tooth contact, tool length and the bend of the spanner made all the difference in the world.

If you have not used the Honda tool yet, I urge you to spend the few bucks on that first before moving on. Could save you a lot of hassle if you haven't tried it yet!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MachRider View Post
    I'll throw my $0.02 here...

I, for one, had been adjusting my chain first with and adjustable spanner for a few years. Then I noticed it became harder to move and I had to move to a screw driver and deadblow.

I ended up buying the CORRECT spanner from the tool kit and found it moved RIDICULOUSLY easily after that. A combination of tooth contact, tool length and the bend of the spanner made all the difference in the world.

If you have not used the Honda tool yet, I urge you to spend the few bucks on that first before moving on. Could save you a lot of hassle if you haven't tried it yet!!
    i used the tool that came with the bike, but i'll be sure to double check, thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Tap a flat tip screwdriver into the gap in the swingarm where the pinch bolt is and spread it apart slightly while trying to turn the adjuster. Make sure the pinch bolt is completely loose and don't use too much force when spreading the swingarm or you will be buying a new one.

Name:  IMG_20170215_181452294.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  2.34 MB
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links