Hoping to own a cb1000r soon - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Cheers mel, will let you know when the cb arrives and when I get out and about.

Member #
    It's on.....took the cb out for a quick half hour to try her out. First impressions are what an awesome bike. So much more flickable than pretty much any bike I remember riding (well apart from a scooter which the lads at York Suzuki lent me as a joke when my bandit was being tweaked). Plenty of power and no wind buffeting like on the 990 adventure. Within a few hundred yards I was sold. Lovely colour scheme too in red white and blue with the gold wheels. Could have picked her up there and then as she had been prepped too. Need to wait until the KTM is picked up before I go and collect her though. I think I will be taking the long route home maybe via Helmsley and possibly across to the coast (Saltburn and Redcar) and then back via the Darlo to Northallerton back road and on to home to put her in the cave and get a brew and just sit and stare and introduce her to Christine. (That's the Suzuki TL - just like the car in the movie I feel like she wants to kill me every time I ride her!!)
    Will look forward to meeting up with others in the coming (hopefully sunny) months. I will then do some tweaking over winter.
    I will be looking to get some Givi or similar panniers in the near future as I want to do some motorbike camping later this year so if anyone knows of someone who has some and would like to sell then get in touch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Steady on, man. Redcar? ;-)

Looks gorgeous, of course. Gold wheels are the best.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOne-94-14 View Post
    Steady on, man. Redcar? ;-)
    Yeah, living it large....no grew up there and have family there. Nice to visit but also nice to get out too.

Looks gorgeous, of course. Gold wheels are the best.
    Have to admit it was the gold wheels that did it for me....stunning bike though both to look at and ride. Looking forward to some long rides out and camping too.

Member #
    Wasn't there someone in the last few days selling some some panniers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links