Hi from Stratford-upon-Avon
    Member #

Hi from Stratford-upon-Avon

Hi all - just bought a CB1000R last weekend (collecting it this Friday ) so thought I'd introduce myself. I've been riding for quite a while and also currently have an old BMW R1200C Montauk which I love - but fancied something a bit more modern. I started off on a CBR600F (1989) and have been through various Motoguzzis, BMWs and latterly a Triumph Daytona but I'm very much looking forward to getting back onto an inline 4, and especially the CB which I reckon is the best looking supernaked out there by a long way. Anyway, the bile is pretty stock at the moment but I'll probably change the exhaust to something a bit louder this summer. I'm also thinking about hand guards as I tend to suffer a bit more from the cold these days (yes I am an old fart if you hadn't already worked that out) so I'm sure I'll be seeking out the threads and advice from all you guys. Well, that's about it - thanks for reading if you got this far, and 'keep the rubber side down' as our American cousins say. Richard

Member #
    Liked
    841 times
    Welcome aboard Richard. I'm not to far from you, and quite often go to Stratford for a ice cream down by the canal boats in the summer.

Good luck with all the upgrades. Have fun.
    Gargoyle's Tourer.

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    Rik - a good choice sir

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    welcome Richard. I'm sure you'll enjoy the CB a lot! and you'll find plenty of useful info on this site too...

as for handguards, I too installed a set, cuz I commute year round, and they do help to some extent to keep the fingers from seizing up. I also installed VFR heated grips, which are the cat's meow...

I chose Acerbis Dual Road handguards cuz ( a) they fit, ( b) they're simply to install, and ( c) I thought they worked with the aesthetics of the bike. I added pinstriping to complement the colours of the m/c. your taste may vary! here's a photo:

piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Thanks for all the welcome notes - much appreciated.

Hi Doser - thanks for the reply, you're right those guards do look pretty good, and my bike is the same colour as yours so I reckon they'll do nicely. My CB already has Oxford heated grips fitted, haven't tried them out yet obviously but hopefully they'll do the job too. Thanks R

Sponsored Links