Thread: New Member

Member #

Smile New Member

New to forum. Last bike was a Ducati 848 Superbike with many big bore Japanese bikes prior. Getting older and the 848 was only good for short trips to my chiropractor. I really did want something with easier ergonomics and the CB seemed to fit the bill. Looked at the other more upright Ducatis, Super Duke etc... but was unwilling to part with that kind of money again now that I am retired. The Kawi Z1000 is just plain ugly to me. Suzuki and Yamaha just lack the fit and finish of the Honda and I really don't need to go any faster than it can and the powerband is pretty meaty throughout the rev range. Will add a pipe. Probably the carbon fiber Yoshimura. Would also like to get rid of the hideous appendage serving as a plate and turn signal holder. With rear pegs gone it will look nice and tidy once I get rid of the plate holder. Always like perusing forums for items I own and/or like. Owners that participate have a wealth of info. Look forward to putting some miles on the bike. I have 26 years of SoCal canyon riding behind me but now live in Florida. What a shame as this bike belongs in the canyons.

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Yes it does. Come back to California!!!

I'm sure you'll love the bike, even in Florida.

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Welcome to the forum.

After you've put some miles on the CB you'll realise what the other bikes didn't have. Power AND comfort.---
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    You made a great choice!

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    welcome. great choice. and not a un-doable distance from FL to the great roads in the south end of the Appalachians. buy a trailer! you'll never regret it...
    piling the mileage on...

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Everything from Atlanta to Knoxville is paradise. Just head north. I know of a guy on a CB that rode from Pensacola to deals gap at lest once a month during the summers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Grats and welcome.

I was a long time sport bike rider and finally had to get something more comfortable too.
    2014 CB1000R
    2015 Grom

Member #
    Thanks for all the comments. I always appreciate feedback. Yes, I look forward to going north and making Deals Gap a trip. Comparing the CB to my most recent bike, a 2008 Ducati 848 I find this. CB MUCH easier turn in and much smaller turning radius. Ducati was like turning the Queen Mary. CB is "flickable". With a few more HP and 100 lbs. less, the Ducati was faster and quicker. The CB hides it's weight well as soon as you are moving. You feel the speed more on the CB due to the riding position. The CB actually runs hotter according to the temp. gauge. According to my left shin, the Ducati roasted it in even cool outside temps. I have owned many fast bikes and at my age the CB satisfies all of my speed needs. The CB is very smooth and I like this. The Ducati's stock exhaust sounded wonderful. I will be getting a pipe for the CB. Leaning towards the Yosh or Akropovic. Comments are solicited. CB shift linkage much more precise than the 848. Build quality on 848 was excellent. CB is far and away the best styling and build quality of the Japanese nakeds. Buying one of the exotic nakeds, Ducati, KTM or Aprilia was not in the cards for two reasons. Cost and dealer location. Since my CB is a still new 2015 (2 miles on odometer), I got a great price and dealer is 5 miles from home. All in all I am quite happy as my back and neck already approve. I am now excited to jump on the bike every day and often. The 848 physically hurt my old beaten bones. Glad to have a place like this forum to share. I am not one to denigrate anyone's choices involving 2 wheeled transportation and I will lean towards polite commentary.

Member #
    Welcome to the CB family, Audiduty...this coming from one newbee to another Ride safe!

Sponsored Links