hi guys new here .. not new to biking UK guy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #

hi guys new here .. not new to biking UK guy

HI folks, tanks for accepting me

I am Dave .
    49 years of age
    recently separated and single again .. so.... new bike ! of course , !

biking history

Mt50 in the 80's
    nsr125

kids ..

back in to biking ... and had an sv650 curvy ..which really got me into the big bikes and the scene and made some amazing friends on the sv site .. which I am still a member of and a "known" face dare I say ..

moved to a gsxr750 K4 ... great bike .... a wild stallion ... more bike than I am a rider ..
    #toured all of Scotland 3 times on this .. all of Ireland through france and sown to spain ..

then the mrs wanted pillion and it was hard on the gixxer ... so..

Honda.. VFR 800 vtec .. great bike, functional and did what it needed to with more touring an long weekends and bike meets and ice cream and coffee and cake stops .. brilliant ! ..

sold that when split with the mrs .. it was like an audi.. functional .. bit of everything but a tad predictable ,.

SO . due to oncoming old age and limbs have decided to enter the naked era ... looked at the usual suspects but settled for a trusted Honda in HRC colours at a local dealer .. looking forward to it.. receiving it next Wednesday ... cant wait to play ..

concerned again it may be "boring" but I doubt it ... it will do what I want . not touring these days just nice weekend rides..maybe camping weeks .. taking it easy and looking at the scenery instead of a white line for hours ...

I am a gardener now .. but was 12 years a publican running bars in stoke on trent and Staffordshire , a retail manager before that and a corporate events manager .. finally realised at 49 that my dad actually was talking sense when he said enjoy every day and don't die for work and don't let money be your master .

don't earn a bomb .. but don't spend a bomb got my health and my bike and my family... what more is needed in life .. wish Id listened ot my dad was 17 ! #did the corporate thing.. the big money and flash cars ... but the pressure and the politics ..it made me ill.. now im happy and content

looking forward to learning off you guys .. no doubt will have lots of questions ..

Cheers Quiff aka Dave in Crewe Cheshire England ... incidentally where the Bentley car is manufactured .. we see them every day round here driving about being tested so never look twice when away on the bike and one come past ..

#
    Name:  DSCF6095.JPG
Views: 177
Size:  2.47 MBName:  20130622_123738.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  2.97 MBName:  IMG_20131007_091202.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  537.1 KBName:  20160302_153105.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  2.05 MBName:  20160302_163157.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  1.78 MB
    Last edited by quiff wichard; 03-03-2016 at 05:07 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    Welcome - great story and I share many sentiments with you on life ! Enjoy the bike and forum !

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    I don't think it is boring. Enjoy. And welcome.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    oh im sure it wont be ... boring .. was just speculating .. anyway ... where I live right in the middle of the UK I can access twisties and wonderful wales within 40 minutes

SDM
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Welcome from the Philippines, the CB is a great bike for us older riders, owned an 05 CBR1000RR for many years lots of power but back breaking and tiring after a day in the local twisties. It took a while to get adjusted to the sit up of the CB, but now I can ride all day long and only soreness is my butt. I would suggest setting up the suspension for your weight, Im 62, 230 and the suspension was soft for me, I upgraded to Ohlins in the rear, and front springs at .95, totally different bike now.

Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Hmmmmm Öhlins!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Welcome Dave!
    It is a great story. I'm still doing the corporate thing but it's a means to fund my real life--family, moto, golf, etc. You seem to have found balance and that's what it's all about. I think you will love your new CB.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Hello Dave and welcome. Really like the new bike in the HRC colours. All the best

Member #
    Liked
    533 times
    to the site Dave ......... I don't think you will have any regrets in choosing the CB1000R

I can really relate to the advice from your father

My "old man" used to say "If there is something you want to do just do it - You don't know when you won't be able to".

Happy riding

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Welcome along, and don't worry, you can still tour, once you've built up you neck muscles a bit I won't ever try 500+ miles in a day again though......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links