Dyno comparisons - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
    Thanks. Everything has been installed including the Power Commander recommended map. Was just wondering if a custom map would make much difference.
    Custom map will always make a difference as will be tailored to your bike and kit, two identical bikes with same kit fitted will always be slightly different. Also things like air quality, humidity and fuel type for your area all play a factor.
    I personally feel a custom map is all ways best and worth it as you know it's right and getting the best it can get.

Dyno run is also great to watch and hear

As for difference unless your bike is running poor on the download map or your ride like a god, it's very unlikely you will notice much of a difference. My CB came with custom map but on my Gixer I put a download map on and it was running good, I spent time and money on custom map and it did improve slightly just didn't feel it was £160 worth of different.

If you change the kit on your bike regular an alternative way is to add a dynojet auto tune as that optimisers the map automatically for you to ensure its at it best at all times I believe although never tried one personally.
    Last edited by Newbie; 07-15-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Honda CB1000RA Extreme - Sienna Red 2010

The older I get the slower I go, but the faster it seems

Member #
    my results, has had some engine work

Name:  1screen.png
Views: 160
Size:  4.78 MBName:  screen 2.png
Views: 160
Size:  5.11 MB

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    ^ gawd damn! Define engine work.
    2014 CB1000R
    2015 Grom

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    got the bike 6 years now and upgraded it over those 6 years.

first step was akra pipe with link pipe, bmc air filter and rapidbike evo module, and those velocity stacks ( those trumpet thingys ) got me to the 125 rearwheel hp that most cb1000r's have.

next step was custom pistons, fireblade camshafts ( i think grinded to a less aggressive profile ) new valve springs, flowing of cylinder head, valve and valve seats got cut. the bike was set up to make more rpm's also but that failed ( that's the blue line ).

the increasing of the rpms should have been done by (a dealer of ) ecunleash ( i have seen someone else in this topic also having bad experiences with them ) but they never managed to do it ( even tho they advertise that ). It was a struggle of actually 2 years with sending the ecu back and forth without results ( i even lost power, suddenly i had only 136 hp once ). at a certain point they didn't want to help anymore.

so we installed a custom ecu, bike pulls all the way to 12800 rpm now. it has allot of usable power, its very direct and it basically pulls from from any gear and rpm.

next and probably last step will be the arrow header and boring out the throttle bodies ( maybe in some way install a bigger one ) but i definitely don't want to lose much of the punch at low rpm ( its a naked bike ) so just boring them might be better for what i want. the cb1000r got tbs of 36mm which is rly small compared to any other non touring bike, so i think and hope it can get me over 160hp maybe.

that will be for next year tho

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    What have you done with the gearing?
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    gearing is stock, i have a 17t sprocket around here somewhere but i'm not going to install it.

i think the stock cb has even more limited rpm in 6th gear, and it limits you at 250 kmh (on the dash) , so that explains the km/h you see, all those restrictions are gone.
    Last edited by cb1kra; 08-19-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Wow, that's one hell of a speed difference with no gearing change! What are you using for an ECU?

So much torque!
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

My Bike

Member #
    its called an ignijet module, it didnt gave me any power increase but got rid of all restrictions of the original ecu.

this screen is from a different dyno.
    the red line from this screen is from 2 years ago when he was original made the blue line was when i got it back from ecunleashed.

( i have no clue what they did all the time with my ecu )

we were actually hoping the curve would go up more but it was at his top.

Name:  scren 20.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  291.2 KB

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by clem71 View Post
    stock decat 122bhp??????? Whats going on there?
    after 500 years and people dont know the whp and bhp and the 15% of loss that is no way around it,,,,,all those numbers above are crank hp..the cb1000r stock is 107whp

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    After 5 years you replied to a dead post from a member that hasn't been on for a year and a half. You win the internetz.

My Bike

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links