Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Bar end mirrors

17K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  ghostrider7 
#1 ·
Hi Peeps.

Honest opinions please.

Removed those huge great things on the handlebars that showed you your elbows while riding but more importantly caught all the flies and replaced with these.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah they do make the bike 6 inches wider but I can live with that. Havn't ridden with them yet but should have good rear vision with em. No matter how tight I did the bar end up you could still turn them by hand and they got loose quickly so I glued them in with impact glue and quickly aligned them. Hopefully when the glue goes off they will be solid :thumbup

In My Honest Opinion

#4 ·
squidger said:
Yeah they do make the bike 6 inches wider but I can live with that. Havn't ridden with them yet but should have good rear vision with em. No matter how tight I did the bar end up you could still turn them by hand and they got loose quickly so I glued them in with impact glue and quickly aligned them. Hopefully when the glue goes off they will be solid :thumbup

In My Honest Opinion
Phew, thanks. I was worried/delighted :rolleyes1 that it meant " I is a :potty person " :rollin
:banana

#5 ·
i got some oberon bar end mirrors today and have removed the 4" long originals barends and weights (easily, thot that would be the hard bit going with the other threads on here!.... mine just slipped out using some molegrips and a small hammer after a wee squirt of WD40,now then it looks to me that the original barends and weights split further into two pieces, is this right? i dont want to force anything, there is a double rubber washer that has a split retaining clip, does this split again here so you can slip the weight back into the berend before you fit the new mirrors?.... or do i just use the bits that came with the mirrors i.e. putting the original 4"long bits in a box with my other OEM bits and pieces!.....

any advice would be magic guys!

:shake

#6 ·
You should have removed the bar end weights first before removing the internal bit then just use a long screw fitted to the thread in the middle of the internal bit so you can pull it out using the screw. No matter, you got em out anyway. I just left those bits in a bag with the old mirrors and fitted the new mirrors and bar end weights.

Have just got back from a 70 mile test ride and am very pleased with them. At last I can actually see what is behind me without having to drag my elbows out of the way. They don't vibrate either unlike the original mirrors which tended to vibrate quite alot at certain revs. :thumbup

#8 ·
I see what you mean and agree totally. Have looked at mine and I may be able to modify them by drilling out the thread from the grubscrew that holds the arms in and inserting the arms in the newly drilled hole then threading the hole on the centre of the barweight that the arms currently fit in and screwing in a shouldered bolt to contact the mirror arm and clamp it in position. Basically swapping the mirror so that it comes out of the side of the bar end weight instead of the end. Should look like yours then and also should reduce the width by a couple of inches.

Thanks for the active critisism. It's exactly what I was looking for :thumbup

#10 ·
So I decided to do the mod sooner rather than later and as soon as took one off I saw that all holes were threaded already, giving you the option of fitting either way. :thumbup
So It would seem I did get the ones that come out of the top of the bar end . lol.

Not bad for £21 the pair including postage :rollin

Attachments

#13 ·
I want a set of these as im 6ft 6in and 20 stone and i have no chance of using the standard mirrors for anything other than checking if my jacket zip is still up.

I starrted looking at these and all my mates mocked me, Like this...

:taunt

But, Safety first IMO so im gonna get some :respekt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.