New Key
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Key

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

New Key

Bugger!....Searched high and low for my Honda CB1000R ignition key and I can't find it..
    Anyway, thank god I've got the spare but just wanted to know how I would go about a replacement as it is a Honda H.I.S.S key and would it cost a fortune to replace?

Thanks for any answers guys

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    You need the key ID number that was stamped on the small metal tag that came with the keys don't know about the cost but if you loose the keys and tag it's mega cost cus you need a new ECU but I've heard that a company called blue streak can reset the ecu I've used them in the past they can work miracles
    Knee down you know it makes sense

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Ask Dobles here on the forum. They'll give you a price.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    My thoughts are intended to provide a sounding board for your own.
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCB1000R.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    One of the keys to my VFR800 (with H.I.S.S.) got "twisted" and had to be replaced.

I went to my local dealer and bought a blank key with a chip in it.

Then I went to a locksmith to cut the "teeth" into the key.

At last I went to a Honda workshop to get the chip "paired" with my bike.
    Took about 30 minutes.

It seems like you can do the "pairing" yourself, if you're handy (not tested).
    Google: code a new key hiss
    Result:
    HISS new spare key programming coding - here is how to do it !! : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net
    Add a spare HISS key to your Honda CBR1000RR

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for your replies...Very helpful!

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hildebart View Post
    One of the keys to my VFR800 (with H.I.S.S.) got "twisted" and had to be replaced.

I went to my local dealer and bought a blank key with a chip in it.

Then I went to a locksmith to cut the "teeth" into the key.

When you read about it on that forum they have been trying for THREE years for someone to get it to work !!

At last I went to a Honda workshop to get the chip "paired" with my bike.
    Took about 30 minutes.

It seems like you can do the "pairing" yourself, if you're handy (not tested).
    Google: code a new key hiss
    Result:
    HISS new spare key programming coding - here is how to do it !! : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net
    Add a spare HISS key to your Honda CBR1000RR

My post in middle of OP's post. Sorry.
    Personal Disclaimer:
    Some of what I say may go against your own thoughts and may seem harsh, targeted and malicious.
    This is not my intention – I am simply using my experience, including other peoples, as a way of debating and giving advice - of which there is no guarantee that it's correct

Member #
    In stead of starting a new thread I thought I would resurrect this one as the topic is the same.

Has anyone successfully programmed a new key on the CB1000R with the above procedure?

I have made up the "ghetto" lead, had the key cut and I'm ready to give it a go. The only concern I have is that all the procedures and YouTube videos for programming new keys with HISS are for other models like VFR800 and CBR1000RR etc there is no mention of it working on the CB1000R

I don't mind being the guinea pig but if someone has already tried and failed (IE blown up their ECU) I'd rather learn from their mistake.
    Last edited by JustinDuncan; 04-07-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    "Never let your failures go to your heart or your sucesses for to your head." Soichiro Honda

Member #
    Ok. So for any other CB1000R owners who want to program a new key themselves, the procedure works. I programmed my new key this morning.

Being a naked bike it is literally two button head caps and you are at the CPK plug. Total time to do the job was 6 minutes plus 5 minutes to make the ghetto lead.
    And two different Honda Dealerships wanted the equivalent of £45 to do the job. The one told me it was a 45 minute job and you need a special computer. The other told me it was a 1 hour job.

If you need any assistance send me a PM.

Video of procedure:
    Last edited by JustinDuncan; 04-11-2016 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Add link
    "Never let your failures go to your heart or your sucesses for to your head." Soichiro Honda

Member #
    Liked
    714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDuncan View Post
    Ok. So for any other CB1000R owners who want to program a new key themselves, the procedure works. I programmed my new key this morning.

Being a naked bike it is literally two button head caps and you are at the CPK plug. Total time to do the job was 6 minutes plus 5 minutes to make the ghetto lead.
    And two different Honda Dealerships wanted the equivalent of £45 to do the job. The one told me it was a 45 minute job and you need a special computer. The other told me it was a 1 hour job.

If you need any assistance send me a PM.

Video of procedure:
    Well done Duncan,

Glad to see you are still looking in now and then. However how about posting something ????

Name:  Like button..jpg
Views: 102
Size:  5.4 KB
    Personal Disclaimer:

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Are all CB1000R keys this HISS thing? As far as I know, mine is just a standard ol key lol.
    2014 CB1000R
    2015 Grom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links